Within the Groom-EGO project, the definition of a NetCDF format for glider observations is underway.
The goal is to propose a data format that:
- Is clear, understandable, and unambiguous for data users
- Maximises interoperability i.e. uses existing standards to serve existing and new communities.
- Contains sufficient metadata to enable legacy issues to be resolved should they be identified in future.
A document, derived from OceanSITES and Argo user's manual describes the management of :
- Glider metadata
- Glider observations
- Glider technical data
The "EGO glider data User's manual" and glider deployment data files are available.
- EGO ftp server, one directoy per deployment : ftp://ftp.ifremer.fr/ifremer/glider/v2
- Example of SG558 glider deployment in Norwegian sea
- EGO is the "Everyone Glider's Observatory" initiative.